analytics

Friday 3 July 2015

Day 32 - got a ticket to train

Finally made up my mind, will go on Train on Saturday morning and hopefully will get my bike by 10 am. The real questions is what should I pack?


  • 2-3-4-5 liters of water? Vytautas obviously 
  • White bread with chocolate cream?
  • Some nasty energy bars?
  • Some powder to my nice sweet water which would provide me extra minerals?
  • Backpack where to put my items.
  • Battery bank for my phone.
  • Tyre replacement kit.
  • Tyre pump.
Also I need to find pedals for my shoes. Seems that the shopping list is written down.

The second question is what software to use for my trip tracking. People are suggesting me Endomondo  but I, myself, am Sports-tracker user. Lot's of history there already. Investigation needs to be made. Of-course, today, I need to go to bed early to get on the train in the morning.



3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Those are obvious stuff ;) I will also bring clothes ;)

      Delete
  2. Riding 189 km on a new bike is a bad idea, you'll only end up hurting yourself. Every small inconvenience will be magnified tenfold (wrong cleat positions on shoes, wrong saddle position, or simply a wrong saddle etc.) on wrong rides. Trust me, I've road cycled for years. It takes time to get the position right so as to have a comfortable ride. Better try 30km the first time and take a set of tools with you to adjust the bike and get the details right.

    ReplyDelete